Every Dealer Survey
- There is no database of emerging market retail outlets in South Africa
- Manufacturers tend to use the wholesale channel as a Route To Market for the Local and Traditional channel leaving them with no information as to the universe of outlets downstream of wholesale.
- Manufacturers have no influence over the picture of success in L&T outlets.
- There is no information on product availability, pricing, competitor activity etc.
- Emerging market areas are targeted based on the size of the population present
- Maps are obtained and surveyors walk every street within the relevant area to create a full database of retail customers.
- Outlets are classified according to channel and consumer demographic.
- Outlet details are obtained e.g. photographs, GPS coordinates, physical address, details of owner etc.
- Critical information is obtained relating to important categories, how the outlet is supplied, competitor activity, forward share etc.
- Total census of retail outlets within specified geographic areas.
- Consumer demographic information by outlet.
- Importance of various outlets.
- Category/product/pricing/competitor information
- Information on availability, forward share, point of sale material, price visibility etc
Benefits to customer
- A full database of outlets for RTM considerations.
- Product execution information at outlet level – what is stocked?
- Insights on consumer demographics.
- Insights on channel classification.
- Understand supply points to the various geographic areas.
- Have full visibility of the “size of the prize” and how/why to target certain outlets/geographic areas.