- A large number of FMCG and pharmaceutical organisations compete for a limited amount of retail real estate.
- Typically, the desired picture of success for an outlet is not achieved by the sales force.
National account retailers over-commit shelf space, promotions and gondola ends and are rarely held accountable.
- Companies don’t have an independent measure (internal or 3rd party) to track the progress of their sales force.
- There are no pay-for-performance measures of execution by the sales force or retailers.
Limited information is available on how well competitors execute and what promotional/discounting activities they are implementing.
- Outlets across all channels are visited by an independent surveyor.
- Important information relating to the picture of reality (availability, pricing, forward share, point of sale, display units, PDA’s, competitor activity) is captured on a handheld terminal and displayed in real time via the internet.
- Execution gaps can then be identified and escalated automatically to the person responsible, e.g. an availability issue of a key brand with the rep, and non-compliance with
Commented [MD6]: General comments on content section.
Typical information supplied:
- Availability by brand and pack
- Pricing by SKU
- Forward share by SKU or category
- Competitor activity by any measure
- PDA compliance level
- Point of sale material/signage
- Display units or asset tracking
Benefits to the customer:
- Information can be seen at outlet, channel, geographic, account or sales territory level.
- Parameters are set and any measures that do not comply are emailed to the relevant person(s) immediately.
- Access to real time information on the level of execution in trade.
- The ability to have informed discussions with national account customers in terms of measures committed to an independent tool to measure the effectiveness of the sales force.
- Real time information relating to competitor activity and strategy.
- The ability to introduce pay-for-performance initiatives with clients and sales force/agents.